Will the Police Department help me get rid of my unwanted guns?
If you have a gun, grenade or other explosive device in your residence that you wish to dispose of contact the Police Department and an officer will respond to your residence. Please do NOT bring the items to the Police Deparment. Our goal is to asist you in a safest manner possible. The best way to for us to do so is to allow us to handle the items.

Show All Answers

1. Can I walk my dog off leash in Town?
2. My neighbor's dog barks constantly. What can I do about this?
3. There is construction going on in my neighborhood. When is work allowed to start and when must it end?
4. I am going on vacation. Should I notify the Police Department?
5. I want my home alarm monitored directly by the Police Department. How do I go about doing this?
6. How do I dispose of old batteries?
7. The Atherton Police were in my neighborhood the other day. How can I find out why?
8. What can I do with my unused computers?
9. Can I recycle my unsued cell phone?
10. Can my unused cell phone be put to another use?
11. I need to dispose of some syringes. Is there a place to do this?
12. Will the Police Department help me get rid of my unwanted guns?
13. What should I do with my unused medication?
14. I have some old solvents and other chemicals to dispose of. Where can I do this?
15. I am hosting an event at my residence. Is there a permit required to do this?
16. I am planning an event that will include live music. Is there a noise ordinance related to amplified entertainment?
17. Where can I report a mountain lion sighting?
18. I recently found an iPod (or other item of monetary value) on the ground while out on a walk in my neighborhood. Should I turn it into the Police Department?
19. I was able to catch a dog running loose in my neighborhood. What should I do next?
20. Do I need a permit to park my vehicle in the Atherton Caltrain parking lot?
21. Where can I dispose of ammunition or a firearm if I live in the Town of Atherton?