Since September 28, 2018, the Town of Atherton has
experienced at least 10 residential burglaries. Almost all of these burglarieshave been committed by the suspect(s) breaking a rear window or rear door window.
The most common items stolen appear to be jewelry, watches and personalaccessories, like purses and backpacks. The Atherton Police Department is
actively working these cases and trying to locate the suspect(s), but we havevery few leads to go on. We need your help with the following:
1) Leave exterior lights on during hours of
2) Use your alarm system, including motiondetectors, when away from your home.
3) Install security cameras or make sure your
current cameras are functioning properly.
4) Lock all doors and windows at your home.
5) Notify your neighbors, and stop your mail andnewspaper, while on vacation.
6) Notify the Atherton Police Department so that
Vacation House Checks can be conducted while on vacation.
7) Do not have items delivered to your home whileyou are away.
8) Do not let your whereabouts or vacation plans be
known on social media.
Finally, report all suspicious activity to the Atherton Police Department at 650-688-6500, or call 9-1-1 if there is an emergency.