View Other Items in this Archive | View All Archives | Printable Version

Town LogoTown of Atherton
ATHERTON RAIL COMMITTEE
AGENDA
TUESDAY, June 2, 2020
Regular Meeting
6:00 p.m.
This meeting is being held virtually
                   

This meeting is compliant with the Governors Executive Order N-25-20 issued on March 4, 2020 allowing for deviation of teleconference rules required by the Brown Act. The purpose of this is to provide the safest environment for staff and the public while allowing for public participation. The meeting will be held by tele or video conferencing. The public may participate via: Zoom Meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting:

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,97996012676# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 979 9601 2676

Weblink:

https://ci-atherton-ca.zoom.us/j/97996012676

Remote Public Comments:

Meeting participants are encouraged to submit public comments in writing in advance of the meeting. The following email address will be monitored during the meeting and public comments received will be read into the record. 

Email: asuber@ci.atherton.ca.us

1.                  ROLL CALL

Committee Members: Alex Keh (Chair), Scott Lane (Vice Chair), Malcolm Dudley, Jack Ringham, Greg Conlon, Paul Jones, Nerissa Dexter, Jim Janz, John Maulbetsch, James Massey

Councilmember Liaisons: Council Member Cary Wiest, Council Member Michael Lempres (Alternate)

Staff: Robert Ovadia

2.                  PUBLIC COMMENTS – For items not on the agenda.

(This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons wishing to address the Committee on any matter on the agenda that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Rail Committee.  State law prohibits the Committee from acting on items not listed on the Agenda.)

3.               APPROVAL OF MINUTES – February 4, 2020
Recommendation: Approve minutes for February 4, 2020 

4.               PRESENTATIONS – High-Speed Rail Authority (20 min.)
           Update on HSR Activities, 2020 Business Plan, and EIR/EIS release and Public Input Opportunities.

5.               REGULAR AGENDA

5a.            Caltrain Station Closure (10 min.)

The Committee will receive a brief update on the proposal received from Caltrain to close the Atherton Caltrain Station. The Committee will have the opportunity to discuss this item. Not an action item.

5b.           Peninsula Corridor Electrification Project Update and Discussion (5 min.)

The Committee will receive a brief report on current activities related to Caltrain’s electrification of the peninsula corridor.  The Committee will have the opportunity to discuss current and upcoming activities as well as related items.  Not an action item.

5c.           High-Speed Rail Update and EIR/EIS Discussion (30 min.)

The Committee will receive an update on the High-Speed Rail Project including procurement status and anticipated timing of the business plan and environmental documents associated with the Northern segment. Due to the anticipated timing of the public comment periods, the Committee may discuss how comments are to be submitted by committee members and designate a committee member to aggregate comments and work with staff to draft a response letter for consideration by Council. The Committee also may act to authorize a recommendation to Council to formally send the aggregated response letter to the High-Speed Rail Authority.

5d.           Caltrain Update (10 min.)

The Committee will receive a brief report on current issues and considerations at Caltrain including governance structure and proposed sales tax measure. The Committee will have the opportunity to discuss current and upcoming Caltrain issues as well as related items. Not an action item.

5e.           Dumbarton Rail Corridor Update (5 min.)

The Committee will receive a brief report on the current status of the Dumbarton Rail Corridor.  The Committee will have the opportunity to discuss the Dumbarton Rail Corridor, current and upcoming activities as well as related items.  Not an action item. 

6.                  COMMITTEE AND STAFF MEMBER COMMENTS

7.                  PUBLIC COMMENT                                                  

8.                  FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS

9.                  NEXT MEETING – August 4, 2020

10.              ADJOURN

           

Next meeting is scheduled for: August 4, 2020

Please contact the City Clerk’s office at (650) 752-0500 with any questions.  Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 752-0500. Notification of 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the Town to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.  (29 CRF 35.104 ADA Title II)