This meeting is compliant with the Governors Executive Order N-25-20 issued on March 4, 2020, and Executive Order N-29-20 issued on March 17, 2020, allowing for deviation of teleconference rules required by the Brown Act. The purpose of this is to provide the safest environment for staff and the public while allowing for public participation. The meeting will be held by tele or video conferencing. The public may participate via: Zoom Meeting.
This Agenda may not reflect the actual order of items. The order of items is subject to change based on Council action.
4:00 PM SPECIAL MEETING
|Join Zoom Meeting:
One tap mobile
+16699006833,91702770195# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 971 0277 0195
|Remote Public Comments:
Meeting participants are encouraged to submit
public comments in writing in advance of the
meeting. The following email and text line will
be monitored during the meeting and public
comments received will be read into the record.
– Convene as the City Council
1. ROLL CALL
- Wiest, Widmer, Lempres, Vice Mayor Lewis, Mayor DeGolia
2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
– Public comments can be made by teleconference or emailed
directly to the City Clerk, Anthony Suber at email@example.com
or by text at
(This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons wishing to address the Council on any item on the Special Meeting Agenda; no other business shall be considered. Each speaker may address the Council once for a limit of three minutes.)
3. ADOPTION OF A RESOLUTION TO CONSOLIDATE AND CALL THE NOVEMBER 3, 2020 GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION AND CONTRACT WITH THE CHIEF ELECTIONS OFFICE FOR ELECTION SERVICES
City Clerk, Anthony Suber
1. Adopt a Resolution calling and ordering a Tuesday, November 3, 2020 General Municipal Election for the Town of Atherton, for the purpose of electing two members to the City Council; and
2. Authorizing the City Manager to enter into a service agreement with San Mateo County’s Chief Election Officer to conduct the election; and
3. Requesting the Board of Supervisors of the County of San Mateo to consolidate a Municipal Election to be held on November 3, 2020, with the Statewide General Election held on that date pursuant to section 10403 of the Election Code.
Description: This item will involve a Council discussion to adopt a Resolution to call the November 3, 2020 Election and contract with the San Mateo County Elections Office for Election services.
4. COUNCIL REPORTS/COMMENTS
5. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Copies of all staff reports and documents subject to disclosure that relate to each item of business referred to on the agenda are available for public inspection by 5:00 p.m. the Friday before each regularly scheduled City Council meeting.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (650) 752-0500. Notification of 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. (29 CRF 35.104 ADA Title II)