This Agenda may not reflect the actual order of items. The order of items is subject to change based on Council action.
6:00 PM CLOSED SESSION AGENDA – Convene as the City Council
A. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE APPOINTMENT - Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
B. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION - Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
7:00 REGULAR SESSION – Convene as the City Council
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. ROLL CALL – Lempres, Lewis, Wiest, Vice Mayor DeGolia, Mayor Widmer
• Gatepath Presentation by CEO, Bryan Neider
Recognition of City Attorney and Assistant City Attorney
• CITY COUNCIL REORGANIZATION
Deputy City Manager / City Clerk, Anthony Suber
The City Council will make a selection of the Mayor and Vice
Mayor by nomination from Council.
Description: This item will involve the selection of the Mayor and Vice Mayor
- Message from Outgoing Mayor – Mayor Widmer
- Selection of Mayor and Vice Mayor – Administered by the City Clerk
- Oath of Office for new Mayor and Vice Mayor – Administered by the City Clerk
- Message from Incoming Mayor – Mayor
for calendar year 2020 made by the current City Council. The term will be for
one-year at the pleasure of the Council.
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS
(This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons wishing to address the Council on any matter not on the Agenda that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. State law prohibits the Council from acting on items not listed on the Agenda except by special action of the City Council under specified circumstances. Speakers’ time is limited to three minutes. Additionally, the public may address the Council on any subject listed on the Consent and Regular Agenda. Each speaker may address the Council once for a limit of three minutes.)
5. REPORT OUT OF CLOSED SESSION -
City Attorney Conners
6. CITY MANAGER’S WRITTEN REPORT AND VARIOUS DEPARTMENT ORAL REPORTS
The City Manager’s Report includes written reports from the Town’s various Departments. Staff is present to answer any questions the Council may have on the various issues noted in the written Reports. The Council may ask questions and discuss any of the various items.
7. COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION ROUNDTABLE REPORT
CONSENT CALENDAR (Items 8-11)
(Consent Calendar items are routine in nature and are generally considered in one motion and adopted by a single vote of the City Council. If discussion regarding a Consent Calendar item is desired, the member(s) of the City Council, public, and/or staff wishing to pull the item should so indicate at the time the Mayor calls for consideration of the Consent Calendar.)
8. APPROVAL OF BILLS AND CLAIMS FOR SEPTEMBER IN THE AMOUNT OF $ 2,414,573
Finance Director, Robert Barron III
Approve Bills and Claims for September in the total amount of $2,414,573
9. WAIVE FINAL READING AND ADOPT BY TITLE ONLY AN ORDINANCE REPEALING AND REPLACING CHAPTER 15.48 OF THE ATHERTON MUNICIPAL CODE ESTABLISHING WATER-EFFICIENT LANDSCAPING STANDARDS
Public Works Director, Robert Ovadia
Waive the final reading and adopt by title only, Ordinance No. 640 repealing and replacing Title 15, Chapter 15.48 “Water-Efficient Landscaping” of the Atherton Municipal with the California Code of Regulations Title 23, Division 2, Chapter 2.7 “Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance,” adopted by reference with revisions.
Description: This item involves the final reading and adoption of Ordinance No. 640 updating the Atherton Municipal Code to repeal and replace Chapter 15.48 Water-Efficient Landscaping.
10. APPOINTMENT OF REPRESENTATIVE TO THE SAN MATEO COUNTY MOSQUITO & VECTOR CONTROL DISTRICT
City Clerk, Anthony Suber
Appoint incumbent representative Mason Brutschy to the San Mateo County Mosquito & Vector Control District for a term of four years beginning January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2023.
Description: This item involves a discussion and appointment by the Council of a representative to serve on the San Mateo County Mosquito & Vector Control District for a term of two or four years.
11. ACCEPTANCE OF TREASURER’S REPORT FOR THE FIRST QUARTER ENDED SEPTEMBER 30, 2019
Finance Director, Robert Barron III
Accept the Treasurer’s Report for the First Quarter Ended September 30, 2019.
PUBLIC HEARING (12)
12. INTRODUCTION OF AMENDMENTS TO ATHERTON MUNICIPAL CODE CHAPTER 8.10 “REMOVAL OF AND DAMAGE TO HERITAGE TREES”, INCLUDING AMENDING THE HERITAGE TREE PRESERVATION GUIDELINES, STANDARDS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Report: AICP Senior Planner, Stephanie B. Davis and Town Arborist, Sally Bentz-Dalton
Recommendation: It is recommended that the City Council conduct a public hearing and:
1. Introduce an Ordinance amending Municipal Code Chapter 8.10 “Removal of and Damage to Heritage Trees”.
2. Adopt a Resolution amending the Town’s Heritage Tree Preservation Standards and Specifications.
Description: This item involves Council consideration of formal adoption of final amendments to both the Heritage Tree Ordinance and Heritage Tree Preservation Standards and Specifications based upon prior direction and discussions.
REGULAR AGENDA (13 – 19)