Law enforcement agencies: public records.
This bill commenced January 1, 2020, required the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) and each local law enforcement agency to conspicuously post on their Internet Web sites all current standards, policies, practices, operating procedures, and education and training materials that would otherwise be available to the public if a request was made pursuant to the California Public Records Act.
The Atherton Police Department strives to provide transparency on police activities, departmental policies, training materials, and agency practices. We are committed to openness, accountability, and integrity. Below you will see our current list of documents that you can open by clicking on each link and it will open a PDF document for review.
- CALIFORNIA SENATE BILL NO. 1421 (SB 1421)
- Communications Training Officer Manual
- Department Policies – Lexipol
- Gas Mask Fit Testing Manual
- Field Training Officer Manual
- Police Monthly Training List
- Master Training Plan
- Officer Involved Shootings (and other incidents of force resulting in serious injury or death)
- Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T)
- Police Department Annual Report: 2016 - 2019
- Police Department Annual Report: 2020
- Police Department Annual Report: 2021
We want to ensure all materials can be made easily available to the public. Click here for the “Request for Release of Information” form to request copies of police records, such as police reports, administrative reviews, video and audio records subject to the California Public Records Act.