- Committees & Commissions
- Rail Committee
- 6 p.m., First Tuesday of every other month
- Meetings are being held in hybrid format (In-Person & Remote)
- 80 Fair Oaks Lane, Atherton, CA 94027 | Council Chambers
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View Archive of All Agendas
Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Approved Minutes | View Archive of All Approved Minutes
The current members of the Rail Committee are:
Term: 6/2021 - 6/2025
Term: 6/2019 - 6/2024
VACANT Alex Keh
Term: 6/2019 - 6/2023 Term: 6/2020 - 6/2023
Jack Ringham John Maulbetsch
Term: 6/2020 - 6/2024 Term: 6/2022 - 6/2026
Term: 6/2021 - 6/2025
City Council Liaisons:
Diana Hawkins-Manuelian, Council Member
Stacy Holland, Council Member (Alternate)
Public Works has overall responsibility for the Rail Committee. The Atherton Rail Committee shall have the following powers and duties:
- Act in an advisory capacity to the City Council on all matters pertaining to High Speed Rail (HSR), the Rail Corridor, and Caltrain
- With the assistance of appropriate town staff, research and address specific impacts HSR and other rail infrastructure and services may have on the Rail Corridor and the town
- Perform active outreach and cooperative efforts with groups and organizations opposing HSR
- Rail Committee members are authorized to act as spokespersons to articulate and advocate the town’s Rail Related Policy Positions as they pertain to rail committee matters to legislatures, HSR and Caltrain board of directors, regional organizations, press, and other interested parties
Membership and Terms
Up to seven (7) members are appointed by and serve at the pleasure of the City Council. Members must be residents of the Town and generally serve four your terms. No compensation is awarded to members for their services.
The Committee shall annually select one of its members to act as a Chair and another to act as Vice Chair. The Public Works Department shall act as secretary to the Committee. One Member of the City Council (and an alternate) is appointed as a liaison to the Committee.
Additionally, by action City Council approved Exhibit A titled Rail Related Policy Positions (PDF) to the Rail Committees charter.