Environmental Programs Committee
- Typically 1:00 p.m. on the third Thursday of every other month; the Committee shall adopt a schedule of regular meetings each year
- Main House, Holbrook-Palmer Park
- Special meetings may be called by committee chair
Agendas & Minutes
The current members of the Environmental Programs Committee are:
Term: 6/2021 - 6/2025
Subcommittees: Website Development, Reach Codes
Term: 6/2021 - 6/2023
Emily Conn, Chair
Term: 2/2020 - 6/2022
Subcommittees: Website Development
The Planning Department is assigned overall responsibility of the Environmental Programs Committee. The committee shall have the following powers and duties:
- Make recommendations (programmatic and legislative) to the City Council upon
request on all matters pertaining to the Town’s natural and built environment and the Town’s regional role and responsibilities as one of the communities on the San Francisco Bay Peninsula.
- Create pro-active community engagement programs for residents, commercial and public enterprises active within the Town’s jurisdiction for presentation to and consideration and approval by, the City Council."
Membership and Terms
A minimum of five members are appointed by and serve at the pleasure of the City Council. Members must be residents of the Town and generally serve terms of four years. No person shall be appointed to the Committee for more than two full consecutive terms. No compensation is awarded to members for their services.
The Committee shall annually select one of its members to act as a Chair and another to act as Vice Chair. The Planning Department serves as secretary to the Committee. One Member of the City Council (and an alternate) is appointed as a liaison to the Committee.