Tips from your Police Department
Safety experts agree that the best way to deal with crime in the home is to take every step possible to prevent it from happening to you. Every person should know – at the very least – basic yet important crime prevention tips that will keep you and your family more safe and secure.
The Atherton Police Department has on staff trained “CPTED” personnel – “Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design” who can conduct a home inspection and give you tips for securing your home, valuables, and even how to directly connect your alarm system to us at no charge.
If you would like a home inspection completed – please contact CSO Erica Johnson to schedule an appointment via email – email@example.com or via telephone at 650-752-0549.
Planning a prolonged vacation or absence?
If you plan on going out of Town – notify the police department so that we can conduct vacation checks on your property. Please call us at 650-688-6500 so that we can complete a vacation schedule for you. Also remember to:
- Notify your neighbors so they may be on the alert for any suspicious activity
- Leave a key with a trusted neighbor or drop one off at the police department
- Arrange for lawn care and have your newspapers/mail picked up daily
- Purchase timers for lights that can go on and off
- Do NOT leave keys under flowerpots, doormats, inside mailboxes, over doorways or other obvious places