November 4, 2014
Civic Center Master Plan
Environmental Impact ReportScope Comments
The Town of Atherton Civic Center Advisory Committee invites you to comment on the scope of the Civic Center Master Plan Environmental Impact Report.
The Civic Center Master Plan includes the demolition of the existing Town Administrative building, Library building and Permit Center building and construction of a new Civic Center building and a new Library building. The Master Plan also includes modifications to the roadway circulation network, associated on-site parking and landscape improvements, including a new Town Green connecting the buildings.
?Comments were received at yesterday's Civic Center Advisory Committee Meeting and covered issues in the following areas:
- Aesthetics - character, views, light, glare, cellular tower
- Air Quality - during construction & operations (dust and particulate matter)
- Biological Resources - species of significance, trees
- Cultural Resources - historic buildings, built environment
- Geology & Soils - seismic issues, liquefaction
- Hazards/Hazardous Materials - transportive materials during construction & operation
- Hydrology & Water Quality - water runoff, underground parking, pervious surfaces
- Noise - Town requirements for construction & operations, HVAC, uses
- Public Services Impact - Police, Library, Fire, Schools, etc.
- Transportation & Traffic - circulation, traffic counts, during operation & construction
- Utilities - storm water, water supply waste water, solid waste, etc.
If you have any comments on the project or the scope of the Environmental Impact Report (EIR), please send your comments by December 1, 2014 to Lisa Costa Sanders, Town Planner at 91 Ashfield Road, Atherton, 94027 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Civic Center Master Plan EIR" as the subject.
For more information, visit the Civic Center Project Webpage.
Town of Atherton